Community Herbalism Intensive
This program is 3 days a week plus extended field trips in July, August and September.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019 Community Herbalism Program.
This program is designed to give students a comprehensive, hands-on practical study of herbal medicine. Classes are divided between classroom teaching and time outdoors identifying, gathering and preparing plants. The goal of the program is for students to have a well-rounded overview of herbalism, plants and a solid foundation of clinical herbalism.
Classes begin May 11 and end November 13, 2019
- Enrollment is limited to 21 students
- For an interview, please call or write to set up a time to speak.
Please note-the first week of class is a Saturday-Monday. There rest of the days (besides field trips) follow the below schedule.
- Monday 2:00 to 8:00
- Tuesday 10:30 to 4:30
- Wednesday 2:00 to 8:00
Other classes include two eight-day field trips, the Rainbow Gathering, guest speakers and special classes (see individual class descriptions for details).
There is a 1 week class break in July (after the Rainbow Gathering) and another in September.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is due upon acceptance. Please note, the remainder of the tuition is due April 30, 2019, unless prior arrangements have been made.
Please make out checks and money orders to 7Song and send to the below address:
P.O. Box 6626
Ithaca, NY 14851
Additional Costs: A detailed list of the items named below will be sent upon acceptance, or can be downloaded from the handouts section of this site.
Certificate: A handsome certificate is given to students who successfully finish the program. This means completing all assignments and missing no more than 7 classes throughout the program.
For a more in-depth look at some of the tools below, please see the Wildcrafting handout (under Other Subjects).
- Tools: Wildcrafting implements such as pruners, digging fork, hori-hori, shovel, etc. I strongly suggest purchasing good quality tools. They will last longer and be easier on your body.
- Books: Four books are required for the course. There is an endless variety of books, newsletters, magazines, herbal software programs, and other resources you may want to purchase. See Book List
- Herbal Supplies: Alcohol, oil, bottles, and other expenses necessary for medicine making
CHI Schedule Calendar
The below calendar is where individual classes and field trips are listed. They occasionally shift. If you are setting up your schedule to coincide, you may want to look again at the exact dates or ask me.